Saturday, January 16, 2016

Semester 2: The first 2D/3D Homework! Posing in ZBrush and Maya

Here is my submission for homework 1.

Welcome back to a new semester here at FIEA. I am already overwhelmed with the things that we have to do but I am ready to learn!!

This week's assignment was learning how to pose finished characters in ZBrush and Maya for portfolio purposes. The first picture is my pose I made using ZBrush's transpose tools and the second is using Maya's joint and rotation method.

Here are some screenshots of using the skeleton in Maya:





Even though Maya's method took me a lot longer, I feel like I had more control over the movement of the character's limbs and all. The transpose tools are pretty difficult to deal with. If I ever get to the point where I can pose a finished character, I think I'd go the Maya way.

Bonus: a character sheet!

1 comment:

  1. I would have loved to see you do a bit more with the background on the top image. The bottom image needs work on the background as well. The pose is pretty nice, his left arm position feels a little unnatural (a strained pose). I like the character sheet, but all renders should be the same size and lined up straight on the page. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete