Sunday, January 24, 2016

2D/3D HW2: Sculpting 4 Body Types in ZBrush

Here is my submission for homework 2.

Boy howdy, this was a challenging assignment. I've never spent so much time in ZBrush, so this was a daunting task. The character I am trying to rough out is the main character of our capstone game, a girl named Arya. I will show some in progress and final pictures of the process.

This is where I used Dynamesh for the initial sculpting:






When I was done, I watched the video on ZRemeshing and used that process too:





When I made the basic topology, I made renders of the bodies and painted over them with some simple clothing.





And here are the final renders of the whole bodies without the clothes.


2 comments:

  1. Your body variations do not look too different from one another. (Other than scaling up and down.) Body type changes could be thin, average, tall, small, longer arms, longer legs, smaller shaped head, larger shaped head. Feels like you played it a bit safe right now.
    Heads, it feels like the eyes are a bit far apart at times. (Example green model) Think of the head shape and what age range you are going for.
    The sculpt quality needs to go up as well, it needs to start to reflect the art style that has been chosen for your game.
    Here is a trick on how to render the wire frames a bit better. Drop down to the lowest subdivision levels, turn on your polyframe, then step up in your subdivision levels. This will only show the wires for your lowest sub d level, even though you are showing the high res model.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Page layout, give a little more space around each design, reduce the size of the fonts a bit.

    ReplyDelete