Saturday, September 19, 2015

2D/3D HW4: Final Cannon Prop

Here is my submission for HW4: Final Prop.

I updated the colors of the cannon to better match the colors of the fish pirate character. They are picked from the brighter parts of the character because I want the cannon to stand out a little bit. In Maya, I took a couple of screenshots of the cannon with lighting features and rendered in Viewpoint 2.0.
I took one of the smooth preview, wireframe, wireframe on texture, and texture.


I put the cannon into UE4 and made a separate 64x64 UV map for the light, which was done in Maya. Here are some screenshots of the cannon in UE4.




Overall, this was a challenging assignment. I had to go back to fix my UVs because I realized one part of the cannon UV had double faces after putting the cannon into Mudbox (the Mudbox error told me), so I had to fix that. Then I spent a lot of time recoloring the cannon and forcing myself to be satisfied with the colors. Putting it into UE4 wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, so that wasn't too bad. I learned a whole lot with this whole cannon project, and I am very excited to start on the next one!






1 comment:

  1. Very nice work! My only suggestion would be to lighten the base a bit. It looks rather dark in ue4!

    ReplyDelete