Monday, August 1, 2016

2D/3D Portfolio Piece 2: Blade and Soul Mushin Arts Training Uniform Update 3

Hello all! I finally finished the texturing for my Blade and Soul Mushin Arts guy!
I realized that this guy's clothes aren't in the American server of BNS yet, but i found their clothes in a high level town. The clothes are officially called "Ebondrake" and it is hard to find pictures of the clothes through Google search. I found it using the Korean name though, so it is fine!

Halfway through texturing, I forgot about the actual body I was sculpting, so I decided to drop it; it would've been a lot for this project, I think. With the clothes alone, he is 19,590 triangles.

I learned a lot through the texturing process! I was taught how to use the color ID map properly and it made texturing in Substance Painter a thousand times easier than before! I wanted to focus on getting the texture to look more realistic this time, and I think I accomplished that to some degree. I may want to go back to the gold parts and fix them up a little more, but I am happy with how the leather turned out.
I think my lighting scenarios are getting better as well! I am actually happy with the way it turned out in Maya and in the engine!

 Maya Shots:





UE4 Shots:








For next week, I have to bring it to life, and I have no clue how im gonna do that....



No comments:

Post a Comment